Saturday, November 24, 2007

Scrapping Cruise?

Ever since I could talk I've been promising to SOMEDAY take my mother on a tropical vacation. Seriously, I can't remember a time when I didn't talk about doing this. When I was growing up she was a single, very hard working lady and I just always thought she deserved something like that. She's STILL hard working so nothing has changed! Yet I know to this day, that though she could probably swing it one way or another now, she never would.

Flash forward to today. I haven't managed to take her just yet. Highschool turned into college turned into a new marriage and a career turned into starting my family. And here we are. My babies are too young to do this just now, but I think its a good idea to start saving for it! It'll take a few years

Ok, so now to the Scrapbooking part of this. I've been into scrapbooking for three years now. I REALLY enjoy it. It is my creative time, my ME time, my time to relax, my time to vent off the commone frustrations of life.

Two years ago when my first son was born she got hit by the scrapping bug too. This has now become something that we enjoy doing together. She was here just last night cropping away with me.

SOOOO.... while cruising the scrapbook.com forums I saw someone mention a scrapping retreat. That made me start thinking about scrapping cruises I've heard of. And POOF I was thinking maybe I should take my mother on a scrapbook tropical cruise.

What do you all think? Anyone ever been on one? How'd it go? Pluses? Minuses? I'm thinking it'd be a cool way to share time together, add a little spice to a cruise, and give us something to focus on that we both enjoy ( besides my children LOL! )

No comments: